George began his career with Blanco Tackabery in 1989 and now chairs the firm’s Management Committee.
Areas of Focus
- Commercial finance
- Commercial real estate
- Lending and workouts
- Business acquisitions
- Renewable Energy
- Commercial leasing
- Real Estate Law
With over 25 years in practice, George represents developers in financing transactions including both Renewable Energy and general commercial real estate transactions, sellers and purchases of real estate and other business acquisitions, along with landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions. A significant part of his practice also involves representing institutional lenders in loan and workout transactions. He frequently serves as local counsel for both out–of-state borrowers and lenders. He has extensive experience with real estate title matters, including representing most of the major title companies operating in North Carolina.
Member Real Property and Business Sections of North Carolina Bar Association
- Chairman of the firm’s Management Committee
- Former Member Real Estate Section of North Carolina Bar Association Council
- Former Member North Carolina Land Records Advisory Committee
- Board of Directors Piedmont Triad Region Catholic Charities
- Lecturer at continuing legal education seminars