Affordable Housing and Community Development
Blanco Tackabery’s affordable housing attorneys combine a foundation in complex real estate and finance transactions with a concentration in affordable housing and community development. For over twenty-five years, the firm has built relationships with professionals throughout the affordable housing industry and maintained experience in the complexities specific to successfully developing and operating an affordable housing project. Our housing clients include for-profit and non-profit developers, including those affiliated with housing authorities, and management companies.
Affordable Housing and Community Development Services
Based on the specific needs of each individual client, our representation often commences at a project’s planning stage as we advise clients with respect to deal structure, program requirements and application submittal. Our services include legal representation relating to real estate acquisition and financing under state and federal housing funding programs, including:
- Low-income housing tax credits
- Historic tax credits
- Tax-exempt bonds
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) insured loans
- HOME Investment Partnerships program
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
- Trust Fund programs
- USDA Rural Development loan programs
- Federal Home Loan Bank Affordable Housing Program
- Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily programs
- State supportive housing programs, including programs for disabled persons, veterans housing and transitional housing for homeless persons
- Conventional construction and permanent loans for affordable housing projects
Our affordable housing and community development attorneys also represent clients with respect to compliance issues, including compliance with programs administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, USDA Rural Development and state housing finance agencies. When the time comes for disposition or restructuring of a project, we assist clients in planning for and implementing such dispositions, often working through issues related to HUD’s Transfer of Physical Assets requirements and Year 15 low-income housing tax credit issues.
Contact any of our practice group’s attorneys to learn more about our affordable housing and community development services.