Blanco Tackabery, a mid-size law firm in Winston-Salem, NC with extensive experience in a range of practice areas, is hiring.
The Following Positions are available:
Successful applicants should have a minimum of six years of strong experience working with Affordable Housing transactions in a mid to large size law firm environment to work with our Affordable Housing and Community Development Group. Applicants must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and must have, or be able shortly to obtain, a license to practice in North Carolina. No book of business is required.
This position will involve:
- Representing developers in connection with all aspects of their LIHTC transactions, from application to Year 15 issues
- LIHTC and tax-exempt bond experience to manage those transactions for our clients
- Negotiating and drafting commercial leases
- Real estate knowledge and HUD, RD, historic tax credits and other federal and federally-assisted sources
Legal Assistant / Paralegal:
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
- Experience in creditor representation in bankruptcy cases including providing administrative support for any or all of the following: reviewing pacer for filings, reviewing dockets, filing proofs of claim, motions for relief from stay, objections and other responses to bankruptcy pleadings and motions
- Experience in general civil litigation involving creditor’s rights including providing administrative support for any or all of the following: foreclosures, collections, claim and delivery and lienholder petitions
- Experience with case management system and electronic court filing systems is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize assignments from multiple attorneys
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Only applicants with relevant experience will be considered. This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, hours 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Salary is negotiable based upon experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Please Send Letters of Interest and Resumes To: